What is Smart Pesa?
Smart Pesa is a Mobile Financial Service from Smart Telecom that allows customers to use a mobile phone as an electronic wallet.
How to access Smart Pesa
Dial *185# to access the smart pesa menu
How do I activate my Smart Pesa?
Step 1: Visit a Smart Pesa Agent or Smart Shop and fully register your number with the Smart Pesa compliant KYC Documents
Step 2: Upon Registration, customer will receive a system generated first time pin SMS
Step 3: Note the PIN received in this message. Upon dialing *185#, customer will be prompted to change this first time PIN to his preferred PIN (4 digits)
Step 4: customer will select option 1 to activate account and then receive a confirmation message that the PIN has been successfully changed
What can a customer do With Smart Pesa ?
- Buy Airtime for himself and others
- Send money to both registered and unregistered customers
- Receive money on his Smart Pesa wallet from friends and family
- Deposit physical cash onto he’s Smart Pesa wallet
- Withdraw cash from he’s Smart Pesa wallet
- Deposit and withdraw from your bank account
- Request other registered customers for Smart Pesa
- Pay for goods and services
- Make utility payments
- Buy bundles
Does a customer need to have a minimum balance on he’s Smart Pesa account?
No a customer can have any amount on he’s Smart Pesa account.
Can a customer send money from he’s Smart Pesa wallet to people on other networks?
Yes, a customer can send money to people on any network in the country
Who is a Smart Pesa Agent?
A Smart Pesa Agent interfaces with the Customers and other parties as an entry point to initiating a transaction via the SMART Pesa Transfer service.
What are the requirements of becoming an Agent
- Certified copy of Certificate of Registration (business names)
- Certified copy of TIN/ VAT Certificate
- Trading Licence or its equivalent
- Certified copy of Lease/Tenancy / Title Document for the company premises
- Valid copies of Directors’ ID Driver’s Licence, Voter’s Card (phasing out), National ID, or Passport* *(Passport is compulsory for foreigners)